It is less than a year since our visit to the magical Greek island of Santorini. Yet here I am dreaming of this charming island. I must admit I had really high expectations of Santorini, because of all the picture-perfect photos I keept seeing on Instagram, but Santorini blew me away! I would revisit in a heart beat. Below I am sharing some tips and photos we took during our three-day stay on this charming island.
While the volcanic island of Santorini is definitely more on a honeymoon/romantic side as destination, if you ask me it should be on everyone’s bucket list! We stayed for three days and it was enough just to get a good taste of the island. If you have more time I would suggest to definitely stay longer as there is so much to discover. While most people head straight to Oia I found Imerovigli equally charming, a little bit smaller and more private. But even though Oia is the most visited and touristy place on the island it is still so very much charming and a must visit! The perfectly manicured streets with white washed houses that sit on a cliff edge offer fantastic views everywhere you look around. Actually, the views are everything here!
Picture perfect views everywhere you look…
Views, views & views!
Must do in Santorini:
- Go for wine tasting at Santo wines at sunset.
- Stroll through narrow alleyways of Oia and (window) shop.
- Visit the historical village of Emporio and treat yourself to traditional Greek delights.
- Enjoy cocktail and sunset from Imerovigli (Even though sunsets are most famous in Oia, I found them much better in Imerovigli. The thing most part of Oia is facing to the South, but Imerovigli is facing the West).
- Visit the unique bookshop Atlantis Books.
- Restaurant Romantica for the best service on the island
- Visit the Aktrotiri lighthouse located on the southwestern tip of the island.